Capabilities | Engineering
Understanding problems is the key to solving them. LMI provides fully integrated and managed aerospace engineering solutions throughout the product lifecycle to help our customers meet their most complex challenges. From concept development and detailed design to AS9100 approved quality control, certification and aftermarket services, our unified engineering team has the expertise, skills and dedication to deliver the highest-quality product in the most cost-effective manner.
Expertise from Start to Finish
No other provider has the breadth and depth of engineering expertise that we do. Whether you need a single part or a complex aerostructure, LMI has the capabilities to engineer your deliverables from start to finish. Well-versed in all OEM methodologies, we have the breadth and depth of knowledge to handle complex programs and perform tasks faster than the competition, saving you time, effort and money.
Cross-Trained to Solve Challenges
Building excellence begins at the hiring stage. Only highly skilled engineers with experience and integrity are considered for our team. Once they are on board, we cross-train them on the factory floor and immerse them in our collaborative approach and customer-focused culture. This gives our engineers first-hand knowledge of aircraft manufacturing and access to a wealth of collective knowledge, which is essential to solving complex aerospace challenges.
Fly Longer, Fly Safer
Our deep understanding of the entire scope of structural design and analysis is reflected in the superior operation and maintenance of the delivered aircraft. Our aftermarket services keep your aircraft up and flying longer. We also have the capabilities to assess the strength, reliability and safety of your aircraft and to ensure that it meets certification standards. Our strong regulatory relationships significantly streamline repair, modification and certification processes.
On Schedule, On Budget
Our strong program management expertise is another factor that contributes to the success of your program. We combine an earned value management approach with lean engineering principles to drive high quality, increase productivity and reduce cost. Our extensive check cycle assures first-build quality on a regular basis. In fact, if there is a defect in our work we will correct it at our cost, not yours.
- Solve Problems — Let our highly skilled, multi-talented engineers help you succeed
- Save Time & Money — Maximize efficiencies and realize savings every step of the way
- Ensure Quality — Rely on our expertise to keep your aircraft up and flying longer
- Work Smarter — Focus on what you do best while we manage the rest
- More than 20 years supporting federal customers as both prime contractor and subcontractor in support of the F-22, F/A-18, JSF and other military aircraft programs
- Virtual product development contracts with Boeing/Lockheed Martin (F-22) and Northrop Grumman/McDonnell Douglas (F/A-18 E/F)
- Multiple portions of a contract for NAVAIR and SEAPORT programs
- Aviation Partners Boeing (737, 757, 767)
- Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ-200)
- Gulfstream G650 and Honda Wing
- KC-390 High Lift Devices